This picture of Wyatt from last Christmas has me all sorts of nostalgic – where does the time go? We are traveling for two weeks this Christmas, so we won’t be getting our home dressed up for the holidays (sad face). Decorating for the holidays is usually one of my very favorite traditions – though toddler and tree are a pairing that I’m not sad to avoid. I’ve pulled together a list of my top gift ideas for the home here – for the home chefs, the recent homebuyers, and the homebodies in your life. In case you missed it, My Holiday Gift Guide: For Him is linked here. Up next: my best ideas for babies & toddlers.
- Ratio 8 Coffee Maker – I have been coveting this elegant coffee maker for years – it makes a statement on your countertop, and receives rave reviews from coffee connoisseurs.
- Rifle Paper Meal Planner – Tom and I try to take the stress out of cooking with weekly meal planning – this adorable meal planner comes with an easy tear-off shopping list.
- Soma Water Carafe – We’ve had this stylish carafe for years and love that it uses sustainable, plant-based filters and it’s just perfect for everyday or entertaining. 50% off through Sunday with code shareSOMA.
- The Forest Feast Cookbook – This cookbook is a must-have for vegetarians and carnivores alike.
- Coyuchi Organic Towels – We recently traded up for these luscious organic towels from Coyuchi, a local San Francisco-based company, and they put a smile on my face every morning. $50 off orders of $250+.
- Dyson V6 Absolute Vacuum (we bought ours at Lowe’s, which is offering the best price on this model) – Tom vacuums daily (thank my lucky stars!) and he is delighted with this upgrade. This is the lower end model in Dyson’s range, but it’s perfect for our 3-bedroom apartment (upgrade for a larger home to get more capacity and battery life).
- Vitruvi Diffuser – I wrote about my recent foray into aromatherapy for stress relief and relaxation here – you’ll be hooked too once you give Vitruvi’s stone diffuser a try. 30% off sitewide.
- Instant Pot Duo – This workhorse lives up to the hype – we recently kicked our slow cooker and rice maker to the curb. I’ll share my favorite recipes soon! 33% off on Amazon.
- Re’me.di.um Candles – My good friend and stylish homemaker @TheBlondesEyeView introduced me to this LA-based eco-friendly candle maker with the most divine and beautifully packaged scents (try Peony & Rose). They even make a candle subscription for those so inclined.
- Joule Sous Vide – The fancy French terminology may make it sound intimidating, but sous vide is the technique amateur and expert chefs alike should embrace for foolproof results every. single. time.
- Ullo Wine Purifier – Wine without a hangover? Those in the know claim that this wine purifier removes sulfites and thus eliminates morning-after headaches. This is at the top of my wishlist this year! 20% off on Amazon
- Cravings Cookbook – I loved Chrissy Teigen’s first Cravings cookbook (and I love her, too) and I can’t wait to get a copy of her latest.
- Parachute Linen Sheet Set – Linen sheets are all the rage these days (all the premiere bedding companies are now offering a set). We will definitely be upgrading to Parachute’s premium set, which rise to the top of the pack in reviews. 20% off sitewide.
- Vitamix Blender – A super indulgent gift for the smoothie fanatic. We use ours – a generous wedding gift – almost daily (Tom’s go-to: The TB12 Blueberry-Banana shake). 20% off on Amazon.
- Heath Ceramics Serving Bowl – Heath is a San Francisco institution, and it’s our go-to for beautiful, sophisticated housewarming gifts like this versatile oversized serving bowl, which comes in a dozen color combinations.
- Samsung Smart Home Hub – My brother/tech guru says this is the key to make your home into a smart home, so you can control light switches, bulbs, outlets, garage door openers, sprinklers, etc. by voice (via Amazon Alexa or Google Home) or your smartphone.